Wednesday, May 11

Meadowlake History updated

The other day I posted a letter about Meadowlake Entrance.


 With it I added a little bit of history of our neighborhood (what little I knew). Afterwards I received a  very helpful response from Bob McGowan and I thought I would pass it on to those of you who are also new to the Meadowlake/Iroquois neighborhood. Thanks Bob!


"Mary,after reading your email , I was encouraged to enlighton you a tad---------  Iroquois subdivision sarted developing in 1962 and continued for about 4 years. It was developed by Eddy Arnold ( yes, the singer) and Charley Mosely, hence Arnold road and Mosely drive. Meadowlake started developing about 2- 3 years later about 1965-66.We moved to Williamsburg road in June 1963 and there were about 12 -15  homes there  when we moved and Meadowlake was farmland  at that time, all the streets dead ended a few feet north of what is now Meadowlake road.   Thought you might be interested----"   Bob McGowan



If you have any history knowledge to add to Bob's please send it along. We live in a fascinating neighborhood and I am sure I am not the only one who is hearing this for the first time. Please add comments to bottom pf post or email them to me (Mary) at  lavenderbluegarden@gmail.com. And, thanks again Bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment